Couldn’t find your answer? Ask a question
What are you looking for?
Top ten most popular FAQs
What is Vietnam’s Foreign Contractor Tax (FCT)?
Foreign contractors are subject to taxes on payments for work done in Vietnam based on the contracts signed with a Vietnamese partner in the form of the foreign contractor tax (FCT). FCT is not a separate tax, but typically comprises a combination of value added tax (VAT) and corporate income tax (CIT), or personal income tax (PIT) for the income of foreign individuals.
Pursuant to the Finance Ministry’s Circular No. 219/2013 / TT-BTC of December 31, 2013, guiding value added tax; Link http://www.accaglobal.com/content/dam/acca/global/PDF-students/acca/f6/examdocs/Vietnam Circular 219-2013 – Circular on VAT.pdf
Pursuant to the Finance Ministry’s Circular No. 103/2014 / TT-BTC of August 6, 2014 guiding the fulfillment of tax obligations applicable to foreign organizations and individuals doing business in Vietnam or earning incomes at Vietnam (hereinafter referred to as contractor tax); Link: http://www.accaglobal.com/content/dam/acca/global/PDF-students/acca/f6/examdocs/Vietnam Circular 103-2014 – Circular on Foreign Contractor Tax.pdf
+ Clause 2.a of Article 13 stipulates that the CIT rate (%) calculated on turnover for royalty calculation is 10%.
Cloud, Server or Managed Hosting?
Atlassian Cloud (SaaS)
A simple way to get started is Atlassian Cloud. This is an affordable way to manage the likes of JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo, hosted by Atlassian.
- It’s simple to set up. You don’t need to be technical to get this up and running!
- It’s affordable. 10 users for JIRA, for example, only costs $20/month.
- You can toggle applications on or off. Only pay for what you use.
- It’s secure – all Atlassian Cloud sites enforce SSL by default and are hosted in a secure US-based hosting facility.
- It’s reliable and safe – 99.9% SLA with round the clock support from Atlassian.
- Unlike on-premises Atlassian applications, you’re limited to Cloud-only Add-ons.
- Generally speaking, all functions performed by a System Administrator in the downloaded versions of the applications are restricted in Cloud.
- There’s no file or database access.
- You can’t use your own domain name.
- Each Atlassian Cloud subscription has a disk storage limit.
A DIY job – you get complete control, with the pesky hindrance of complete responsibility. However you can of course outsource to an external IT team and rely on the application knowledge of an Atlassian consultant.
- You can install what you want!
- You get full access to admin functions and integrations with other applications. Expand storage, add user licenses, etc. as needed.
- It’s a sensible option for organisations with a large capable IT team; in this instance, one with Atlassian application knowledge as well.
- Starting from nothing is a big task. We obviously won’t go into this here, but you’ll need to have a good grasp of the reliability, scalability, and server space requirements, as well as the necessary hardware and software skills needed.
- Physical servers are expensive, and they’re depreciating assets.
- There are ongoing costs of maintaining servers, both monetary and environmental.
- Ongoing support needs should also be considered, as well as the opportunity costs of your technical resources working on internal IT projects over “real work”.
Candylio managed hosting
As an Atlassian Expert, with our own in house support team and a team of consultants around the world, we’re perfectly positioned to deliver a fully managed hosting solution for the Atlassian applications, as well as integrating other software development applications like Jenkins.
- Full peace of mind – your infrastructure will be hosted and maintained by experts who specialise in both hosting and the Atlassian stack (we’re a leading Atlassian Expert).
- No upfront data center costs. You’ll pay a monthly fee dependent on rack space, support options, etc.
- 24/7/365 support from a team that know what they’re talking about.
- 99.9% SLA.
- Patching and monitoring on the infrastructure/operating system and the application layer.
- Simple upgrades – need the latest version of JIRA? Security patch needed for Bitbucket? Want to give your apps a spring clean? Simply let us know and we’ll take care of it.
- Security is our number 1 priority. VDC is inherently private through VLAN separation. Snapshot and dedicated backups are available.
- Unlike other providers we have experience of integrating Atlassian apps with a whole host of other software development tools. We can manage any migrations too.
- We’re joking, of course, although we do think we have an impressive offering. The biggest factor will generally be price. Atlassian Cloud is a cheaper option and simpler to set up than doing it yourself or entrusting hosting to a specialist provider – but it all depends on your capabilities and requirements for your mission critical tools
- Managing your hosting yourself will offer your more control (providing your staff have the experience and knowledge to do it). Of course, it is a significant undertaking for your IT teams, and can often mean investing in a dedicated resource for maintenance.
To learn more, and get started, click here.
Which license do I choose when purchasing an app/add-on/plugin?
Purchase the license tier that matches the number of users you have licensed for your host product. For example, if you have a 25-user Confluence license, purchase the Confluence app at the 25-user tier. The app will only function if its license matches or exceeds the tier of the host product – even if only some of your licensed users need to use the app.
For Jira, you must purchase the app license that matches the highest Jira application tier. For example, if you have a 500-User Jira Software license, and a 20-Agent Jira Service Desk license, your Jira apps must be at the 500-User level.
If you own a legacy Jira Unlimited (100+ users) or Confluence Unlimited (2000+ users) license purchased in 2012 or earlier, legacy app pricing is no longer available.
What kind of response times can I expect?
We work with each client to establish specific expectations. Our measurable service levels specify clear consequences for not living up to agreed-upon expectations.
What if we already have an internal IT department?
No problem! We offer scalable solutions that can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Whether you need a full package of managed IT services and consulting, security solutions or service desk support, Candylio makes it simple with an affordable and customized flat rate service plan.
Jira Service Desk vs Manage Engine Plus (Enterprize)
What you get if you choose Jira?
Paying for tons of features you don’t use? Looking to save your boss $100K a year? Then it might be time to switch to Jira Service Desk.
Redefine what IT means to your business
Work better together with visibility of team activities and active collaboration JSD. Jira Service Desk delivers an effortless service experience, adapts to your needs when you need it. All the muscle, without the fat.
Jira Service Desk is the most collaborative service management solution on the market
Consumer grade experience with a central portal scaling to unify and satisfy IT, Finance, HR, Legal, Marketing, etc.